With the SRP Energy Analyzer program, you can borrow a Kill A Watt™ meter for free to find out how much energy your household appliances and electronics use.
Some appliances use energy even when you have them turned off -- they're called
energy "vampires" and the Kill A Watt can help you find them. Once you know how much energy your appliances are using, you can take action to reduce your energy usage and lower your monthly energy bills.
Valley residents can borrow this device for free at a nearby public library .*
Easy to use
The Kill A Watt is easy to use:
- Plug the Kill A Watt into a standard 120-volt AC outlet.
- Connect an appliance or a device to the Kill A Watt.
- Read the amount of energy used in kilowatt-hours (kWh) on the LCD screen.
- Calculate the appliance's energy costs by hour, day, week, month or even an entire year using the guide enclosed with the device.
Download full instructions in English and Spanish .
Typical appliances and devices to test:
- Phone chargers
- Coffee makers
- Other devices that plug into 120-volt AC outlets
For your safety, DO NOT TEST the following appliances:
- Electric water heaters
- Electric clothes dryers
- Electric ranges and ovens
- Any device that does not plug into a 120-volt AC outlet
After seeing what appliances and devices use the most energy, check out SRP's Home Energy Manager to discover ways to save energy and lower your monthly bills.
*If you can't get to a library, call SRP at (602) 236-9659 to borrow a Kill A Watt energy meter.
Note: SRP reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion or its terms and conditions at any time.