SRP Shade Screen Rebate program makes installation more affordable
About 50% of the heat that enters your home comes through the windows. This makes shade screens one of the most effective and affordable energy-efficiency upgrades. While blocking heat gain, shade screens can protect your home's interior from sun damage, provide added privacy and cut cooling costs by up to 25%.
SRP is offering customers a rebate of $0.80 per square foot on professionally installed shade screens to keep their homes cooler during Phoenix's summer months.
How to qualify
To qualify for the shade screen rebate, you must:
- Be a permanent SRP residential electric customer that resides in a single-family detached, single family attached (duplex, triplex or quadplex only), mobile home or apartment/condo (duplex, triplex or quadplex only).
- Purchase and install new or refurbished, qualifying shade screens with a licensed contractor by April 30, 2017.
- Install shade screens that block at least 80% of the solar heat gain on sun-struck windows only (west-, south- and east-facing windows).
- Install screens on the exterior of clear glass windows that enclose an air-conditioned space.
How to apply
- With your contractor, complete a rebate application
and mail it to:
SRP Shade Screen Rebate Program
2702 N. Third St., Suite 2020
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Applications can be obtained by calling (602) 266-7283.
- Include a copy of the dated paid invoice.
- Upon request by SRP, you must allow SRP or our agent to inspect the installed shade screens to verify compliance with program requirements.
- For a referral to a licensed contractor or for more information about the application process, call the Arizona Energy Management Council at (602) 266-7283.
Note: SRP reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion or its terms and conditions at any time.
"I was amazed"
I added solar shade screens and cut my energy use by 25%. Honestly, I was amazed. After installing the screens on 20 windows in my house, I expected to see some savings. But when I looked at my SRP annual usage chart, it showed that I used 25% less energy. I saved energy every month — including the hot summer months.
Robert V. of Gilbert